6.23.2007

The Long Winter 1941 Honor Book *****


The Long Winter tells the story of the Ingalls family the year they were literally snowed in their cabin. They ran out of food, fuel and energy. This book gives a detailed account of what the family had to do to survive the long winter.

I remember reading this book one summer in Arizona enjoying 110+ degree heat and literally shivering as I read. I couldn't put it down, I felt like every time I did I was leaving the family to starve. Laura did a great job explaining how easily it can be to get in such a predicament. After finishing this book I began looking at my resources differently and trying to see how much I can live without, instead of with. I can honestly say that this is one of the few books that I have read that has truly changed my life and view of the world. I think this is appropiate for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment